Friday, October 17, 2008

Marvella Mystery



Today I picked up this pretty Marvella bracelet which got me to wondering if Marvella had any patents. Although this particular bracelet has the copyright symbol, so I didn't really expect to find a patent (and didn't)

Looking at other research sites, I found that Marvella was created by the Weinreich Bros, so I was off to search for patents for either Marvella or the brothers. The other patent sites I did a quick check of, did not show any patents for Marvella.

However, a Google search turned up 3 possibilities. The names on the patents are either Sol E. Weinreich or Richard E. Weinreich. But were these THE Weinreich brothers of Marvella? Time for more research! (see below for the answer and more info)
Patent numbers: 163724, 153409 and 122619. Here are quick pics of the designs:







Are they Marvella patents? The quick answer is yes! It appears that they are! For more of the story (it's too much to put here in the blog), please visit the new Marvella page on the website, particularly if you need more details to try and verify a piece that you have found that matches the above patents.








No comments: